Welcome to the Board of Law Examiners
Our office phones and voicemail may be down from Friday, July 25 6:00 p.m. – Monday, July 28th 6:00 a.m. due to a service upgrade. If you are unable to reach our office during this time, please call back on Monday, July 28th during regular business hours.
- July 2014 Bar Applicants: Instructions for taking the exam and your Admission Ticket for the July bar exam will be posted to your Applicant Portal on Tuesday, July 15th. Please check your Applicant Portal for this information.
- The Minnesota Board of Law Examiners is committed to meeting the needs of U.S. active duty military personnel and their spouses who have been transfered to Minnesota in the furtherance of their military service. In order to assist them as they transition to Minnesota, the Board has adopted a policy to aid military personnel and their spouses who are lawyers or law school graduates and seek admission to the Bar of the State of Minnesota. Military personnel or their spouses who seek admission are encouraged to contact this office at (651) 297-1857 and ask to speak to the Military Liaison. The Liaison will offer help in navigating the admission process.
- Applicant Portal: Applicants with a current application must check their Applicant Portal for information and requests from the Board office. Applicants will NOT receive an email advising that information is posted. It is the applicant's responsibility to check their Applicant Portal often.
- Minnesota will be administering the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE) beginning February 2014.
- Effective February 1, 2013. Lawyers holding Rule 9 or Rule 10 House Counsel licenses may perform Pro Bono service as described in the Order Promulgating Amendments to the Rules for Admission to the Bar, dated January 17, 2013.