Welcome to the Board of Law Examiners
Important Things To Know
The Board office will be closed on Monday, May 30, 2016.
- On May 11, 2016, the Court issued an Order revising Rules 2 (Definitions), 3B (Authority), 5B (Character and Fitness Standards and Investigation), 6H (Examination Results), and 14B (Work Product) of the Rules for Admission to the Bar. These changes will be effective July 1, 2016.
- The list of Minnesota bar examination topics has changed with the February 2015 MN Bar Exam. See Order Promulgating Amendments to the Rules for Admission to the Bar, dated October 27, 2014.
- The Minnesota Board of Law Examiners is committed to meeting the needs of U.S. active duty military personnel and their spouses who have been transfered to Minnesota in the furtherance of their military service. In order to assist them as they transition to Minnesota, the Board has adopted a policy to aid military personnel and their spouses who are lawyers or law school graduates and seek admission to the Bar of the State of Minnesota. Military personnel or their spouses who seek admission are encouraged to contact this office at (651) 297-1857 and ask to speak to the Military Liaison. The Liaison will offer help in navigating the admission process.
- Applicant Portal: Applicants with a current application must check their Applicant Portal for information and requests from the Board office.
- Effective February 1, 2013. Lawyers holding Rule 9 or Rule 10 House Counsel licenses may perform Pro Bono service as described in the Order Promulgating Amendments to the Rules for Admission to the Bar, dated January 17, 2013.